Old 24-06-2003, 02:08 AM
tippy1

Default Squash

I have a nice row of summer squash this year. However right in the
middle I have two plants that has very green leaves. But the veins of
the leaves are bright yellow. Any ideas?
--

Squire
Old 24-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Dwayne

No. Where did you get your seeds? I planted seeds from a cantaloupe we
bought. Out off 50 plants, 4 turned out to be honeydews.

If you bought the seeds, they might not have been pure. It will be
interesting.

Dwayne

Old 24-06-2003, 04:56 PM
FarmerDill

I have a nice row of summer squash this year. However right in the
middle I have two plants that has very green leaves. But the veins of
the leaves are bright yellow. Any ideas?
--

One possibility is cucumber mosaic virus, If you planted yellow squash either
straight neck or crookneck and the fruits are mottled green you will know for
Old 25-06-2003, 01:32 AM
tippy1

tippy1 wrote:

I have a nice row of summer squash this year. However right in the
middle I have two plants that has very green leaves. But the veins of
the leaves are bright yellow. Any ideas?
--

Squire

I've had a couple of responses so far but neither seem to be the answer.
I've taken a couple of digital pictures that I could send if someone
thinks they might be able to identify the problem. Just let me know.
Thanks
--

Squire
Old 25-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Pat Kiewicz

tippy1 said:

tippy1 wrote:

I have a nice row of summer squash this year. However right in the
middle I have two plants that has very green leaves. But the veins of
the leaves are bright yellow. Any ideas?

I've had a couple of responses so far but neither seem to be the answer.
I've taken a couple of digital pictures that I could send if someone
thinks they might be able to identify the problem. Just let me know.
Thanks

Some squash varieties have a tendency to throw a few plants with leaves
that were streaked or mottled yellow (the golden acorns I used to grow were
especially prone to this).

Otherwise, the pattern you describe doesn't seem to fit any of the 'nutrient
deficiency' keys I've taken a (quick) look at.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 26-06-2003, 07:20 PM
tippy1

Pat Kiewicz wrote:

tippy1 said:

tippy1 wrote:

I have a nice row of summer squash this year. However right in the
middle I have two plants that has very green leaves. But the veins of
the leaves are bright yellow. Any ideas?

I've had a couple of responses so far but neither seem to be the answer.
I've taken a couple of digital pictures that I could send if someone
thinks they might be able to identify the problem. Just let me know.
Thanks

Some squash varieties have a tendency to throw a few plants with leaves
that were streaked or mottled yellow (the golden acorns I used to grow were
especially prone to this).

Otherwise, the pattern you describe doesn't seem to fit any of the 'nutrient
deficiency' keys I've taken a (quick) look at.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

I have taken some digital pictures to my county ag agent and I'm waiting
for his response. Hopefully it's nothing that can't be fixed. But even
so, I will find out how to prevent it next year.
--

Squire

Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash! goldtech Gardening 10 12-04-2013 01:16 PM
Butternut Squash Natalie United Kingdom 30 17-05-2003 10:44 AM
Squash growing Jayne Edible Gardening 6 10-05-2003 06:32 PM
Maclura pomifera (osage orange) dispersal (was squash dispersal) David Hershey Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:22 PM
squash dispersal Monique Reed Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:22 PM