Old 17-07-2003, 08:12 PM
JJ

Default Newbie

Good day -
I have been sat at my PC now for well over 6 years, so have decided to
What I would like to achieve is a potage garden - for real - By
combining vegatables and herbs together. Hopefully I will create a pleasent
garden to look at and to eat...
So now I would to know if there are any web sites that are dedicated to
this sort of gardening? - Or maybe anyone here that could guide me from the
begginning...

--
James

Old 17-07-2003, 08:32 PM

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:07:18 +0100, "JJ"
wrote:

Good day -
I have been sat at my PC now for well over 6 years, so have decided to
What I would like to achieve is a potage garden - for real - By
combining vegatables and herbs together. Hopefully I will create a pleasent
garden to look at and to eat...
So now I would to know if there are any web sites that are dedicated to
this sort of gardening? - Or maybe anyone here that could guide me from the
begginning...

What a neat idea! I did a quick Advanced Google for "potager", and
got a lot of French sites (which I can read). Also it asked me if I
wanted sites in English, so I told it "Yes" and got

http://http://www.stonepylon.com/gar...en/potager.htm

It had a diagram.

Then another search for "potage garden" yielded many hits.

Good luck on your wonderful project!

Old 17-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Pat Meadows

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:25:56 GMT,
wrote:

http://http://www.stonepylon.com/gar...en/potager.htm

This has some problems. Try this instead:

http://www.stonepylon.com/garden/potager.htm

Pat
Old 18-07-2003, 02:48 AM
simy1

"JJ" wrote in message ...
Good day -
I have been sat at my PC now for well over 6 years, so have decided to
What I would like to achieve is a potage garden - for real - By
combining vegatables and herbs together. Hopefully I will create a pleasent
garden to look at and to eat...
So now I would to know if there are any web sites that are dedicated to
this sort of gardening? - Or maybe anyone here that could guide me from the
begginning...

That is pretty much what i do - but I had to learn about the site over
the years (colder than where I grew up, sandy as opposed to clay,
mostly afternoon sun, more acid). Eventually I found that some stuff
grows real easy and some is a major pain. I like the newest Rodale
Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening, because it is very precise about
growing needs of various plants.

I will give some initial advice, but feel free to post again with your
zone, type of soil, sun exposure of garden site, etc. Start the herb
part as soon as feasible, and next year you may have an established
herb patch that will enrich your every dinner (during the growing
season). Herbs are not fussy about soil as long as they are in full
sun, so you can go ahead and plant. For the rest, you will have to
start experimenting. You can obtain plants by mail order if you can
not find them around (I suggest Otto Richter and sons).

The classic french potager has onions, potatoes, carrots, leeks,
chard. Of these, you can still plant chard probably.

NEWBIE HELP: How to seed? Nick Thudick Gardening 6 01-04-2003 08:44 PM
Newbie Noela Orchids 1 31-03-2003 06:20 AM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 04:11 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM
Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 3 26-01-2003 07:53 PM