Old 18-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Lynda

Default What will grow well in containers in shade either now or next

Jan Flora wrote:

In article , Pat Meadows
wrote:

On 17 Jul 2003 17:20:58 -0700,
(andrea baker) wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a weird gardening space at my new place (where I moved in on
May 25).

[...]

I'd furthermore probably use old tires as containers just
to spite the neighbors, but I am a mean and unreasonable
woman: actually, I wouldn't buy a house subject to a
Homeowner's Association - which doesn't help you any.
Sorry. You have my sympathy.

Pat

You can move into my neighborhood any time you want, Pat!
I'm practicing to be a curmudgeon when I'm old. So far, I'm
just eccentric and grouchy, but hey, it's a start! Maybe you
could give me some pointers ;-)

I think the old tires idea is a dandy : ) To be *really* tacky,
she could whitewash the tires, or spray paint them gold or silver.

we did this! my son got to spray-paint them (BIG DEAL for a 13 y/o)
and we planted some tall grasses and sunflowers in them. they're nice
~

Oh, and maybe she could start collecting those concrete statues
that people put on their lawns, but paint them. Not just one or two
statues, but a whole bunch of them. All painted to look "life-like."

the italians where i grew up usually put big lions up at their
walkways... i never understood but... are you italian?

And string up multi-colored Christmas lights and light them up
every night, not just during the holidays. Lights that light up in
sequence or that blink off and on.

heh, i lived in a place where the management had lights in all the
trees in the neighbourhood all year so that they wouldn't have to put
in street lights. (at least they didn't blink and were all white)

heh,
L.

Oh, I got it -- get one of those plywood lawn ornaments that look
like the hind end of a fat lady who's bent over. (My mom's neighbor
has one of them. I shake my head every time I drive by the dang thing.)

My new hobby is giving insufferable people "the vapors."
It's *really* fun and incredibly easy to do.

Jan

Old 19-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Repeating Decimal

I find weeds do very well. :=)