Old 01-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Andrew McMichael

Default Compost ingredients?

Pat Meadows wrote:

I think it would be nice to have a compost heap made out of
pallets (or other wood).

I've used pallets for years. I use those metal fence posts that cost about $3
at the hardware store to support them. Pallets can be found most anywhere, so
the entire set-up costs me no more than about $15.

Basically I stand a pallet on its end, and put the post down the middle. The
pallets aren't tied together in any way so there's no need for anything other
than a hammer, the pallets, and the posts. Takes about fifteen minutes to put
it all together.

Andrew