Old 14-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Mike Stevenson

Default yellowing leaves on chili pepper plant

Sounds like a plan, good luck buddy...

"Grilled Spam tastes yummi !!" wrote in message
I think a soil test would cost a lot more than one pepper
plant worth, so I won't do that. I just bought some
epson salt ($1.97 for 3 lbs) and a Lilly Miller
"Vitamin B1 plant starter" liquid for ($3.97 for 1 gallon)
which contains:
B: 0.02%
Fe: 0.125%
Mn: 0.125%
Zn: 0.125%

I will add these to the water for a couple of weeks, or
until the plant looks better.

"Mike Stevenson" wrote in message
t...
Just be careful not to think too much into it. It's very easy to get

bogged
down in the details of mineral deficienies and plant diseases and drive
yourself crazy trying to treat all these percieved problems. I would

highly
recommend having an extensive soil test done if you are pretty sure your
problem is a mineral deficiencies. Your local agricultural extension

will
probubly do these tests for free, just request a full trace mineral

work-up.
It's important to be sure becuase having too much of some minerals can

be
as
bad or worse than not having enough, and you could accidentally overdose
your plant. Just be careful.

Old 14-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Grilled Spam tastes yummi !!

Thanks, I might need some as the plant
is in a rather bad shape -- I try no to lose
my year around pepper supply.....

"Mike Stevenson" wrote in message
et...
Sounds like a plan, good luck buddy...