Old 19-08-2003, 03:22 AM
harold

Default Garden report

I do not post often but have enjoyed reading how peoples gardens are doing
this year. So I deceided to update anyone who is interested on my garden.
This year in west central WI has been very dry July 1.5 inches of rain
Aug. .3 inch of rain So I water what I can but we have a large garden so
not all gets water.
Onions doing good even when dry
Cabbage doing great have flat heads at about 13 pounds and growing
Beets did good are now in jars
Zucchini doing good more than we can handle off of 6 plants
Cucumbers doing great have made alot of pickles
Peppers (green , red , yellow , and four kinds of hot are producing nice
sized peppers
Tomatoes ( early girl, fantistic, celebirity, and plum all 106 plants are
just satarting to produce tomatoes did first 7 quarts od tomatoes today
Beans wax and green beans were all eaten by rabbits ( hope for rabbit stew
this winter)
sweet corn 44 rows 250 feet long not getting the rain it needs will get some
small ears put about 1/2 the size I got last year
Pumpkins are small due to no rain
Lettuce doing ok due to watering
Well thats most of the items we are growing this year will hope for rain
to help any late crops
Harold

Old 20-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Minteeleaf

harold wrote:

[...]

That was a great report. I wish my garden had done as well.
It just about drowned due to all the rain.
The flowers have been beautiful though.

Minteeleaf