Old 22-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Seamus Ma' Cleriec

Default Hello Everybody !

I've been lurking here for a while - though I was pretty active in
this group in the mid to late 90's.

I'm Zone 6b in SE Pa, between the Amish and Philadelphia in the
Brandywine Valley, and grow just about anything that grows here, and
some things that do not (like lemongrass and Bay in containers) .....

Why now ?? First (full sized) tomato of the year yesterday - a Yellow
Brandywine, and my, was it delicious !
Old 23-08-2003, 06:42 AM
Noydb

Seamus Ma' Cleriec wrote:

I've been lurking here for a while - though I was pretty active in
this group in the mid to late 90's.

I'm Zone 6b in SE Pa, between the Amish and Philadelphia in the
Brandywine Valley, and grow just about anything that grows here, and
some things that do not (like lemongrass and Bay in containers) .....

Why now ?? First (full sized) tomato of the year yesterday - a Yellow
Brandywine, and my, was it delicious !

Got my first taste of a ripe Mortgage Lifter this past week (planted from
seed on April 19). Although their shape is far from uniform, these are HUGE
tomatoes ... out of 9 tomatoes I picked, I think there is one that is under
4" diameter and one just slightly over 5". I don't know how good of a juice
/ sauce tomato these are, but I am sure getting ready to find out!

BIll
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

Hello Everybody DanielK United Kingdom 3 19-07-2010 03:57 PM
Hello Everybody. Buzzard United Kingdom 6 08-07-2009 06:05 PM
Hello everybody jimdannock Australia 2 27-08-2008 08:06 AM
How did everybody get started with their rose hobby? Emil Roses 37 17-04-2003 02:56 PM
How did everybody get started, and Persian Yellow Regina Roses 2 11-04-2003 07:20 AM