Old 01-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Steffie

Default indestructable tomato varieties wanted

Hello everybody,

I live in the Netherlands (W.Europe) and growing tomatoes here is not always
easy. The summers are usually to cold and wet to grow them outside, while my
little greenhouse quickly gets too hot when the sun does shine.
So what I need to start with is those really strong and healty, disease
resistant varieties. Gardeners Delight proved to be one of those. It kept
growing no matter what.
Can anybody recommend any other varieties I could try pls?

Steffie

remove xx from emailadress

Old 01-11-2003, 01:12 PM

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:52:57 +0100, "Steffie"
wrote:

Hello everybody,

I live in the Netherlands (W.Europe) and growing tomatoes here is not always
easy. The summers are usually to cold and wet to grow them outside, while my
little greenhouse quickly gets too hot when the sun does shine.
So what I need to start with is those really strong and healty, disease
resistant varieties. Gardeners Delight proved to be one of those. It kept
growing no matter what.
Can anybody recommend any other varieties I could try pls?

I haven't grown them myself, but I've often seen 'Stupice'
recommended for cool, short-season places.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 01-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Steffie

schreef in bericht
wrote:

Hello everybody,

I live in the Netherlands (W.Europe) and growing tomatoes here is not

always
easy. The summers are usually to cold and wet to grow them outside, while

my
little greenhouse quickly gets too hot when the sun does shine.
So what I need to start with is those really strong and healty, disease
resistant varieties. Gardeners Delight proved to be one of those. It kept
growing no matter what.
Can anybody recommend any other varieties I could try pls?

I haven't grown them myself, but I've often seen 'Stupice'
recommended for cool, short-season places.

Pat
--

Yes, I have heard about Stupice. Seems to be very popular in the UK. Hard to
come by over here though. But very soon the new seed catalogues will be

Old 03-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Steffie

"zxcvbob" schreef in bericht
wrote:

Hello everybody,

I live in the Netherlands (W.Europe) and growing tomatoes here is not

always
easy. The summers are usually to cold and wet to grow them outside,

while my
little greenhouse quickly gets too hot when the sun does shine.
So what I need to start with is those really strong and healty, disease
resistant varieties. Gardeners Delight proved to be one of those. It

kept
growing no matter what.
Can anybody recommend any other varieties I could try pls?

I haven't grown them myself, but I've often seen 'Stupice'
recommended for cool, short-season places.

Pat

I grew Stupice this year. They did OK, and it was a terrible year for
gardens. But the Better Boy did better -- it was just later. I had
another tomato called Tiger Tom that did pretty well and was early, but

the
tomatoes were seedy and didn't have much meat. Tiger Tom would be just
fine for juicing. Principe Borghese (sp?) grew well and produced early
last year, but this year it was a bust.

I'll probably grow Better Boy and Stupice exclusively next year.

Early Girl is also a popular tomato here in Minnesota.

Bob

Thank you Bob, I certainly will give Better Boy and Early Girl a try. If I
can get the seeds, that is.

Steffie

Old 12-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Robert

"zxcvbob" schreef in bericht
wrote:

[...]

"Australian Red" do well in cold climates
Old 13-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Fran

"Robert" wrote in message

"Australian Red" do well in cold climates

Which seed company produces that tomato please Robert?