Old 21-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Bill Litchfield

Default First 2004 seed catalog

I received my first 2004 seed catalog yesterday from Nichol's Garen Nursery
in Albany, Oregon. This the the earliest I have ever gotten a seed catalog.
Anyone else?

Regards,
Bill

Old 22-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Pam Rudd

When last we left our heros, on Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:07:32 -0800,
"Bill Litchfield" scribbled:

I received my first 2004 seed catalog yesterday from Nichol's Garen Nursery
in Albany, Oregon. This the the earliest I have ever gotten a seed catalog.
Anyone else?

Got my Pepper Gal's about ten days ago, and I'm expecting my Seed
Savers any day...or at least I better be. I need to order some
presents!

Ah ah...don't post a URL, I know where the web site is. It's just
not the same.

Pam

"ElissaAnn"
Old 22-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Gary Woods

Pam Rudd wrote:

Got my Pepper Gal's about ten days ago, and I'm expecting my Seed
Savers any day...or at least I better be. I need to order some
presents!

Cheer up! My Seed Savers came today.... already been drooled on!
Nice seeing some of the spots I tramped through and around this summer.

But it reminds me of all the shopping bags of things that need
threshing/cleaning in the "plant" room.

Old 22-11-2003, 02:48 AM
Pam Rudd

When last we left our heros, on Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:33:16 -0500,
Gary Woods scribbled:

Pam Rudd wrote:

Got my Pepper Gal's about ten days ago, and I'm expecting my Seed
Savers any day...or at least I better be. I need to order some
presents!

Cheer up! My Seed Savers came today.... already been drooled on!
Nice seeing some of the spots I tramped through and around this summer.

Oh...that's on my "someday" list of things to do. I just love
Seed Savers. Sadly I did something very silly, I fell in love
and now I spend most of my vacation time on trips to your
neck of the woods (Schenectady).

I do try and support Seed Savers as much as I can, I think
what they do is so important.

Pam
"ElissaAnn"
Old 22-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Bill Litchfield said:

I received my first 2004 seed catalog yesterday from Nichol's Garen Nursery
in Albany, Oregon. This the the earliest I have ever gotten a seed catalog.
Anyone else?

I got a Thompson & Morgan catalog WEEKS ago. Still waiting for the next one.
I expect it will show up soon.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 23-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Mary McHugh

Bill Litchfield wrote:
I received my first 2004 seed catalog yesterday from Nichol's Garen Nursery
in Albany, Oregon. This the the earliest I have ever gotten a seed catalog.
Anyone else?

Regards,
Bill

Damn! You beat me. I just got my Pinetree Seeds today.

I did get some other garden catalogs a few weeks ago but it would be a
stretch to call them seed catalogs (tho a few did sell seeds).

Mary

Old 23-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Bill Litchfield

"Mary McHugh" wrote in message
Bill Litchfield wrote:
I received my first 2004 seed catalog yesterday from Nichol's Garen

Nursery
in Albany, Oregon. This the the earliest I have ever gotten a seed

catalog.
Anyone else?

Regards,
Bill

Damn! You beat me. I just got my Pinetree Seeds today.

I did get some other garden catalogs a few weeks ago but it would be a
stretch to call them seed catalogs (tho a few did sell seeds).

Mary

I buy more seeds from Pinetree than anyone else, so in that sense, you
actually beat me, Mary!

Regards,
Bill

Old 27-11-2003, 12:03 AM
Beth

Isn't it a bit early to get seed catalogs (unless you are a southern grower
who is putting in a winter garden)?

I like to wait until after Christmas to think about the garden.
I did receive my Pinetree catalog this week

Old 27-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Beth said:

Isn't it a bit early to get seed catalogs (unless you are a southern grower
who is putting in a winter garden)?

Well, if you are starting your own onions and leeks indoors, you'd best
be ready to order before the rush, because ideally, to get a good sized
transplant for April you need to start the seeds by the end of January.

And sometimes there are varieties in limited supply, so it never hurts
to be the earliest bird...

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 27-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Nartker

I received my first 2004 seed catalog yesterday from Nichol's Garen
Nursery
in Albany, Oregon. This the the earliest I have ever gotten a seed

catalog.
Anyone else

I recieved a Seed Savers Catalog Last week.

Nartker @ AOL.com

Nartker

Old 27-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Pam Rudd

When last we left our heros, on 27 Nov 2003 12:22:07 GMT,
ojunk (Nartker) scribbled:

I recieved a Seed Savers Catalog Last week.

WHERE'S MINE!

pout

Pam

"ElissaAnn"