Old 01-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Jon

Default Butterflies???

Hey everyone,

I'm getting a little ahead of myself by asking this question since I
dont have a garden yet but I would like to know a little about
using butterflies for pollination.

I know that you need milkweed to sustain a butterfly population since
they lay their eggs on it. It would also help to keep them around. In
an open garden.

In a greenhouse enviroment how big would it approximatly have to be
before one could use butterflies to do the pollinating instead of
doing it by hand (besides having butterflies around is nice)?

Will they pollinate all veggies?

Problems with using butterflies to pollinate, predators etc.?

Gaura Whirling Butterflies Natty_Dread Gardening 3 26-04-2003 07:56 PM
Attracting Butterflies Luke Australia 10 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
White Butterflies Luke Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Caterpillars and Butterflies Jack United Kingdom 5 28-03-2003 08:44 PM
Attracting Butterflies Rita Bogna Australia 0 15-02-2003 06:13 AM