Old 19-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Tabasco Peppers

Has anyone grown Tabasco peppers from seed? I'm trying to this
year, but my germination rate is very low and the plants that
have germinated are growing slower than the other peppers.
Is this normal for Tabasco peppers? Are they fussy geminators?

I grow lots of peppers from seed, and all the others are doing
well, so it's not my general technique. I'm just wondering if
there is something that Tabasco peppers like that is different,
or if they take a lot longer to germinate, or is I got hold of
some bad seed.

The seed came from Tomato Grower's Supply, and I've never
had any problems from them in the past. I use 4 inch peat pots
with a commercial seed starting mix. The seed tray sits on a
seed warming pad.

I started 7 varieties of peppers in this tray, and all of the
others are doing well. The Jalora jalapenos and the Lemon
Drop peppers have already been transplanted, and the
Corno De Toro Reds and Yellows will go into larger pots
this weekend, with the others not far behind.

So, anybody ever grown Tabasco peppers from seed before?

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"