Old 03-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Default Is my BT good?

Here I am in the middle of a Tent Caterpillar infestation and am feeling
frugal.
My question is rather BT (Bacillum Thurengus SP?) will hold over a year or
so. I guess I will find out because I sprayed the critters with the old
spray, but if enough of you reply that BT goes dead in a year I will go out
and buy fresh BT spray.
Thanks, Ken.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Steve

I know I have used the same container of BT for 3 or 4 years and it
still seemed to be completely effective against cabbage worms.
I use the dry wetible powder form. I have the feeling you might be
using the liquid.

Steve

Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Ray Drouillard

"Kenneth D. Schillinger" wrote in message
Here I am in the middle of a Tent Caterpillar infestation and am

feeling
frugal.
My question is rather BT (Bacillum Thurengus SP?) will hold over a

year or
so. I guess I will find out because I sprayed the critters with the

old
spray, but if enough of you reply that BT goes dead in a year I will

go out
and buy fresh BT spray.
Thanks, Ken.

I blast the nests with a propane torch,

Ray

Old 03-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Lightnin Dave

Ken wrote
Liquids it is...
Ken.
"Steve" wrote in message
I know I have used the same container of BT for 3 or 4 years and it
still seemed to be completely effective against cabbage worms.
I use the dry wetible powder form. I have the feeling you might be
using the liquid.

I have used the Safer brand liquid and found it to be good for several
years, but I have also had a Bonide brand liquid that never even worked the
first year I bought it. It had the appearance of being curdled and smelled
putrid. I think it had been frozen. Will that ruin it? The Safer stuff
had a sweet smell and a much smoother appearance.

Lightnin Dave

Old 05-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Janice

On Mon, 3 May 2004 16:39:39 -0500, "Lightnin Dave"
wrote:

Ken wrote
Liquids it is...
Ken.
"Steve" wrote in message
I know I have used the same container of BT for 3 or 4 years and it
still seemed to be completely effective against cabbage worms.
I use the dry wetible powder form. I have the feeling you might be
using the liquid.

I have used the Safer brand liquid and found it to be good for several
years, but I have also had a Bonide brand liquid that never even worked the
first year I bought it. It had the appearance of being curdled and smelled
putrid. I think it had been frozen. Will that ruin it? The Safer stuff
had a sweet smell and a much smoother appearance.

Lightnin Dave

They're living beasties.. I'd imagine freezing wouldn't do it much
good as storage at high temperatures wouldn't.. anything curdled and
stinking.. I'd say is dead.
Janice