Old 14-05-2004, 12:04 AM
nswong

Default Squash Flowers

Hi simy1,

I will certainly check on that,

I'm glad to know the result, since I will not plant squash in the near
future.

but about pinching the answer is no.

If I recall correctly, the last time I plant a squash by our fence, I
prune the main stem and develop two opposite side stem to climb along
our fence. It give more than 60 fruit.

Any problem I do not aware of by doing the pinching?

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m

Old 14-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Rez

In article , "nswong" wrote:
Hi Rez,

Hmm. I have not ever seen that, that I remember. Maybe it applies to

particular variety or climate?

Do you mean your squash does not do in this way, or you do not
notice it do in this way?

I mean I have not seen a particular branch have only one type of
flower.

I do a search at my notes, but do not find it. It can be I read it
wrongly, confuse with something else, or the info does not correct.

If they were my notes, no one could read them anyway

I will observe it, if I plant squash in the future and still remember
this thing.

Yes, I'll be looking next time I plant some, just to see what they do!

Of course they'll probably notice the attention and do the
opposite, just to be perverse.

~REZ~
Old 15-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered User

They are beautiful. Because of our growth, "organic " stuff that we like them and some types of tuna or ham salad - the end of corn silk tie, or if you have any number of edible mint likely. Then arange them on the plate. This has two advantages: control of squash taste good fruit "overrunnage"
Pond Pumps
Old 17-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered User

The right time to start doing this preparation work is when you find the weather forecaster starting to talk about the possibility of frost more often than not. In the UK this will tend to be around the end of October.

Before getting to work in the garden its worth taking a step back and reviewing how happy you were with your garden over the previous year. Work out what you enjoyed about your garden and what you think could be improved. At this time of year it is the perfect time to think about moving things around into areas of the garden where they may work better or even remove things altogether if they didn't work. You can also start planting bulbs ready for an explosion of colour in the Spring.