Old 21-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Ray

Default fruit tree leaves turned brown after spraying

SO I am using Agways all purpose fruit tree spray. It says it can be
used on peaches, plums, pears, apples, grapes, etc. Well, I sparyed my
gapes the other day around 8pm at sunset, and then in the morning the
next day some of the leaves turned brown and wilted. Whats going on?
Does anyone else ever have problems spraying and hurting/killing the
trees they are spraying? Maybe I put too much on, or mixed too much. I
followed the directions. I also sparyed my pears a couple of weeks
ago, and remember spots all over the trees the next day. Should I be
spraying in the morning or midday so the stuff can dry completely, I
wonder if it was caused by sparying at sunset.

I hate to spray, but I had worms on my grapes, and plum c. on my plums
and peaches pretty bad. All my plums may be ruined....

Ray
Old 22-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Sherwin Dubren

Hi Ray,
One factor to consider is if you sprayed with some other chemical shortly
before using the 'all purpose'. There are certain combinations of sprays that
require a waiting period between applications. Hypothetically, for example,
if you sprayed with Sulfur, you may have to wait some days before applying
Captan ( a common element of these general sprays ). Another words, tell us
what you sprayed, say a week before using the 'all purpose', and what chemicals
are in the 'all purpose' mix. Another problem would have been if the
temperature
fell below 40 degrees the night of your application, that may have caused the
problem. Of course, not mixing the correct amounts of spray material might
have been the problem, but you say you followed directions. What kind of
tree had the brown and wilted leaves, and what was it's age?

Sherwin Dubren