Old 04-06-2004, 12:03 AM
ll

Default cucumber question

I am growing cukes for the first time. I am having a problem though, my
cukes are turning into a u-shape and then start turning a yellowish color.
Any ideas????

Old 04-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Steve

They perhaps didn't get pollinated. Has it been too cold or windy
for the bees to fly? If so, the problem should correct itself soon.

Steve

Old 05-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Ice Age

Try not to use cold water for plant, it's a shock for a plant and first
which it get rid of is the "fruit-seed". Use normal outdoor temperature
water or if it is in the greenhouse that temp. Other, most F1 hybrids does
not need polination from bees or other insects , insted take off all male
flowers off, better and not sour cucumber will be. I apologize for my Tarzan
english, I hope I helped some.
Although it likes extra fertilizer KAN (nitrate based 27% active matery -
N), preferable by the leaves - liquid ones. Two or three times during
vegetation.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Janice

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:55:39 GMT, "ll" wrote:

I am growing cukes for the first time. I am having a problem though, my
cukes are turning into a u-shape and then start turning a yellowish color.
Any ideas????

What kind of cukes? Where are they planted..as in what sort of soil,
sun exposure, under glass outside, growing on the ground or climbing a
trellis? It's way too early for cucumbers where I live, but I should
be planting them. Well I *could* have had them in earlier as it was
HOT early, but then cold, and now hot again. How big are the
cucumbers when they turn U shaped? How long have they been on the
vine when turning yellow?

I ask because some kinds of cucumbers grow contorted and it's normal.

Cucumbers turn yellow when they are getting "ripe" if they're left on
the vine too long, although I doubt that is the case, but have to rule
these things out. ;-)

A little more info will help folks help you.

Janice

Cucumber Question fox66 United Kingdom 4 22-06-2007 01:47 PM
Cucumber question AndyS Edible Gardening 1 28-07-2006 04:46 PM
Help! What do I do with this cucumber? anne United Kingdom 11 22-08-2003 01:12 PM
Cucumber Problem (Sydney) Michelle Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Cucumber Problem (Sydney) Michelle Australia 2 18-03-2003 07:44 AM