Old 05-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Sharkey

Default Growing Broccoli

I am growing broccoli in my garden at home and am wondering about it. I
heard you have to keep cutting the leaves on it to make it grow. Do I do
this or do I let it grow out as normal without doing anything to it? I just
keep watering it at the moment...

Phil

Old 06-07-2004, 06:02 PM
FarmerDill

I am growing broccoli in my garden at home and am wondering about it. I
heard you have to keep cutting the leaves on it to make it grow. Do I do
this or do I let it grow out as normal without doing anything to it? I just
keep watering it at the moment...

Phil

Removing leaves is removing the food source for the plant. You do want to cut
the heads as they form, because as in most vegetables, once seed starts to
form, the plant goes into retirement.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Bob Doyle

Everything you every wanted to know about Broccoli:
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/broccoli1.html

Bob
Ocean Beach, CA

. ..