Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Jim Carlock

Cloy Tobola asked:
1. When I was a kid, we got "Red Delicious" apples that
were. They had just a hint of green and were firm, tart
and wonderful. In the last 10 years (at least), I've noticed
that the Red Delicious apples I buy at the store are soft,
yellow and mealy. My mom and a friend noticed the same
thing.

It's possible that the best apples are sold to Japan or
other countries? I imagine the best go to places that
get the best prices.

I'm thinking along the lines that different stores will
sell different apples... Walmart is a store that looks
for the lowest prices and they tend to buy things at
low prices, while if Publix offered a higher price
for better apples, Publix could possibly get better
apples. It may depend 100% upon the buyers for the
store on how well they keep up with the quality of
the goods they buy.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.