Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-10-2004, 12:21 PM
SugarChile

This year for the first time I tried them (Hungarian Hots) as stuffed
peppers, instead of bells. (No meat in mine, a mix of brown rice, sautéed
mushrooms, toasted nuts, parmesan, garlic, etc., then baked in a marinara
sauce.) Wonderful! A little extra zing of flavor, and a nice texture. I
let them get red/orange before picking, for that hint of sweetness. They'll
be my standard from now on.

Cheers,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"Ken Anderson" wrote in message
I decided to grow Hungarian Hots as my main variety this year. I never
had,
because they just seemed to common for me. Silly reasoning on my part!
They
have just the right heat and a good, mild flavor flavor. Amazingly
prolific,
too. Everybody that likes hot peppers seems to like these. I may not
have
canned enough!