Old 16-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Default Capsicum (Green Bell Pepper) Boring Pest

Hi Everybody,

Last autumn, I had a problem with my capsicums (green
bell peppers.)

In some, there was a small hole, perhaps half-
centimetre or so diameter. Seeming to lead to
shrivelling at a small fruit size.

Cutting one open revealed something that looked rather
like a slug. It was already dead at that point. It
was larger than the hole, so I figure that it bored in,
and then grew for awhile inside.

This happened on at least half of the capsicums.

Was that really a slug? And, thus, would regular anti-
slug measures ("Slug-go," etc) prevent this? Or was it
something else?

Thanks...

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due