Old 22-12-2004, 11:12 AM
hhiruya

Default container indoor herb growing

Dear mates,
I'd like to start growing culinary herbs indoors (in my apartment) like
parsley, thyme, rosemary, dill, etc.
Can I start doing this any time of the year, or is there a certain time
of the year to start for each type of herb? And how long it takes till
I can start using them in my cooking from the time of planting them?
Note: I live in northern Europe.
Many thnx for any replies.
Cheers mates,
H Hiruya

Old 25-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Frogleg

On 22 Dec 2004 03:12:33 -0800, "hhiruya" wrote:

I'd like to start growing culinary herbs indoors (in my apartment) like
parsley, thyme, rosemary, dill, etc.
Can I start doing this any time of the year, or is there a certain time
of the year to start for each type of herb? And how long it takes till
I can start using them in my cooking from the time of planting them?
Note: I live in northern Europe.

Herbs do much better outdoors. They all require a great deal of light,
and indoor humidity and temperatures are often less than optimum for
them.

A Google on "growing herbs indoors" yielded this

http://doityourself.com/herbs/growingherbsindoors.htm

as the first hit.