Old 23-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Default Strawberries - Who's Been Pinching 'Em?

Hi, Everybody,

It happened again this morning. One of my strawberry
plants had an alllllmost ripe fruit, which would make
my morning treat.

I have seven strawberry plants, so they will soon be
able to yield more than one ripe fruit at a time.

But... Gone! Again!

In a quick search, I couldn't find any dropped fruits
or crumbs. The stem was just broken off right below
where the fruit was. This is about the third time this
has happened

My current suspect is... Birds(?)

If that is the big danger, perhaps I could hang up some
surplus CDs to scare them away(?)

Thanks for suggestions...

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Strawberries - Who's Been Pinching 'Em? Antipodean Bucket Farmer Edible Gardening 11 29-12-2004 10:16 PM
pinching out seedlings Chris Rowe United Kingdom 1 03-05-2003 02:32 PM
Pinching Frogleg Gardening 0 30-04-2003 06:56 PM
Pinching Out Side Buds Shiva Roses 0 28-04-2003 07:08 PM
Pinching Mums Tony United Kingdom 2 05-11-2002 09:54 PM