Old 05-03-2005, 06:40 PM
samuel

Default Do I have to let seeds dry before planting them?

I got some seeds out of some jalapenos and am trying to get them to
germinate. It's taking longer than I excepted and I was wondering if it
matters whether or not you dry the seeds out first.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
urbanChiles

Samuel,
Put them out on a plate and let them air dry for a couple of days.
I've also written an article on germinating chile seeds. Its up on my
website at:

http://www.urbanchiles.com/growing/022805.html

Hope it helps,
Scott

Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 PM
GA Pinhead

Were they ripe japs? You may have immature seeds as well.

John!

Old 13-03-2005, 06:23 PM
nina

samuel wrote:
I got some seeds out of some jalapenos and am trying to get them to
germinate. It's taking longer than I excepted and I was wondering if

it
matters whether or not you dry the seeds out first.

I have never been able to get my Aji Dulce (c.chinense) seeds to
germinate, either its too cold or dry or something. I finally had
success by taking the seeds from ripe peppers and sticking them in the
dirt fresh from the fruit.
nina