Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 06:33 PM
tomato lover

Default Container Gardner Newbie

Hi,

I am in Northern California and the weather is so beautiful so I
thought of growing some tmatoe and herbs in containers as I live in an
apartment. Pity not to have a house with a big yard here! anyway,

I want plant some herbs in the same container as the tomatoes. I don't
know what would be a good match to grow in the same part. I guess Basil
and chives are good choices, But

I need lots of Mint and Basil and French Tarragon, I love them so much
, just eat them raw with my food!

So, I thought grow Mint in one container. French Tarragon in one.

I don't need that much Oregano, Thyme and chive. So can I grow these
three in the same container where I grow my tomatoes.

I went to nursery yesterday and there is so many different thymes?
which one should I get? I am concerned about the falvor.

How about Bell peppers, Can I grow them in the same container with
herbs or tomatoes? How big they get, How big a container Ineed to grow
peppers?

And finally last question! I have got "Sweet 100" and "Early girl"
tomatoes so far. I want to get 2-3 more. What do you recommend? I am
looking for high yeild and long season bearing.

Hope to get answers soon, Many thanks in advance.

Gardner Newbie.