Old 20-06-2005, 03:57 PM
The Cook

Default New use for greenhouse

I need to dehydrate some onions and from experience know that I do not
want to do it in the house. It occurred to me that I am not using the
greenhouse for anything, it has electricity and will keep the
dehydrator out of the rain. Now to get the rest of the onions chopped
for freezing and drying.

I think I am also going to make pickles from my zucchini. I will use
both green and yellow to make bread and butter pickles. I am also
planning to pick some eight ball zukes and make hamburger dills (or as
large as I can get into a wide mouth jar) from them.

Back to work in the kitchen since it is so cool and damp outside.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Old 21-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:57:03 -0400, The Cook
wrote:

I need to dehydrate some onions and from experience know that I do not
want to do it in the house. It occurred to me that I am not using the
greenhouse for anything, it has electricity and will keep the
dehydrator out of the rain.

It's also a great place to let bread dough rise (not in summer, of
course), Susan.
Old 22-06-2005, 12:32 AM
gabrielle

The Cook wrote:
I need to dehydrate some onions and from experience know that I do not

want to do it in the house.

What does it do to your dehydrator? I've had lots of onions, chives,
etc that I've wanted to dry but have been worried about permanently
odor-ifying my dryer.

gabrielle