Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 05:06 AM
The Ranger

Default Nectarine Tree In Front Yard

I have more of an etiquette question than a growing question.

My nectarine tree I planted four years ago is producing fruit like a
lemon tree! It's bowing the limbs there are so many.

Today, as I walked out through my garage to the strip where I'd planted
the tree, I saw a "neighbor" helping himself to my nectarines. I'm not
upset about that -- even slightly. As I said, it's producing nectarines
like a fiend on speed. I'm willing to share. What caught me off balance
was his wanton destruction on light limbs and branch tips. If a piece of
fruit resisted, he'd snap the branch.

We exchanged a couple phrases about his pruning tactics and I strongly
requested the eight nectarines he'd packed away in his jogging suit
pockets.

Is this normal for fruit trees in people's front yards, even those
located clearly on said owner's property?

I just don't get it...

The Ranger