Old 30-11-2005, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dick

Default Flourite

I'll be replacing the RFUG filter and gravel with flourite. Since I can't
find any flourite locally, I can't 'see' it.

Is there an obvious choice for planted tanks between original and red
colors, or is it personal choice?

Thanks

Old 30-11-2005, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Cheryl Rogers

Regular Flourite:

http://www.seachem.com/products/prod.../Flourite.html

Flourite Red:

http://www.seachem.com/products/prod...ouriteRed.html

Myself I prefer regular Flourite, mixed 50/50 with gravel. The Red
Flourite is certainly striking, but a little intense. I guess it's just
a personal thing, though.

Cheryl Rogers
AGA Membership
NEW! AGA forums at forum.aquatic-gardeners.org.

Old 30-11-2005, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dick

Cheryl,

Thanks for your comment that the red is intense-you can't get that from
looking at their website!

Can you comment on why you prefer a 50/50 mix of regular and gravel?

Old 02-12-2005, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Cheryl Rogers

I have had tanks with both straight Flourite and gravel/Flourite mix,
and I just like the look of the mix better. It lightens the look a
little, I think. PLUS, on a more practical note, for a large tank
Flourite can be expensive, so cutting it 50/50 with cheap gravel cuts
down on the $$$.

Cheryl Rogers
AGA Membership

Old 02-12-2005, 07:37 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
js1

On 2005-11-30, Dick wrote:
I'll be replacing the RFUG filter and gravel with flourite. Since I can't
find any flourite locally, I can't 'see' it.

Is there an obvious choice for planted tanks between original and red
colors, or is it personal choice?

Unless the plant you're trying to grow is sensitive to gravel, it's not
necessary to buy expensive gravel.