Old 27-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default found a SAE! Would one be ok or better in groups?

Can you believe it? I found a SAE in a LFS. I looked in a tank full of
flying foxes (epalzeorhynchus kalopterus) and found some real SAEs
(crossocheilus siamensis)!!! The guy didn't even know he had any. Anyways
they were $2.99 CAN (!!!!) each so I picked up one for my 15 gallon
aquarium. Should I have picked up 2?

Current fish list: 12 neons, 2 bronze corys, 3 ottos, 1 yoyo loach, and one
SAE...(one soon to be lonely SAE?) He seems to be hanging out with the corys
right now but...I heard they do better in schools. I want to get another
one, but I don't want to overpopulate the tank either...but I figure that
bottom feeders don't count as much as other fish.

thanks for any help!!!

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Old 27-03-2003, 11:56 AM
LeighMo

Anyways
they were $2.99 CAN (!!!!) each so I picked up one for my 15 gallon
aquarium. Should I have picked up 2?

I don't think a 15 gallon is big enough to keep SAEs in. Remember, they get to
be 5" or 6" long, and are very active fish. If you must, one is probably best.

SAEs are best kept in schools, but you don't have room to do that. And, IME,
in a small tank with only two or three SAEs, they can become quite aggressive
as they get older. One may become dominant, and bully the others. This
doesn't happen in a larger tank, with larger numbers of fish.

Leigh