Old 30-03-2003, 08:44 PM
LeighMo

Default AzGardens - Shrimp ?

Well, I traded most of them to a LFS. I think I had 6 to begin with. 4 to
the LFS and two into a small ten gal slow growth tank. One of the two died
after about a month, the second went outside into the veggie filter part of
the pond and got to be about 6 inches long over the summer. He's currently
wintering in that small 10 gal again (admittedly cramped). I have black
neon tetras in that tank and he has never bothered any of them.

I kept a false SAE for years and years. It was a cute and lively fish. She
did get aggressive as she got older, but only with fish that looked like her --
with that long, narrow shape. She made my CAEs miserable. I was forced to
move them to a different tank.

Leigh

Old 31-03-2003, 03:44 AM
LeighMo

She made my CAEs miserable. I was forced to
move them to a different tank.

Do you really mean CAEs or SAEs?

I really mean CAEs. This was back before my tanks were planted. I used to buy
CAEs to clean the tank. I have gotten some mean and aggressive ones, but
nothing cleans up algae like a juvenile CAE, so it was hard to resist buying
them. I had three of the gold morph, and one regular brown one. The false SAE
got along with them when she was young, but as she got larger, she got nastier.
(I had her for about ten years.) She would chase them constantly. They never
got a moment's peace. I think she killed one. Just harassed it to death. I
moved the others to a different tank after that. I still have the brown CAE.
It's huge, and living peacefully in my 75 gallon tank.

The CAEs never bothered my angels, but I had a bad experience trying to keep a
CAE with goldfish. CAEs vary a lot in temperament, but you are definitely
taking a risk, keeping one with slow-moving, large-bodied fish.

Leigh