Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Christopher

Default sunrise/sunset

In my 125g I have 6 20 watt bulbs, 2 are actinic 03 and four are powerglow.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about turning on (via a timer) the
two blue actinic lights say 30 minutes before you turn on all the lights and
leave them on for 30 minutes after the powerglo's turn off. This could
simulate sunrise/sunset. Anyone have any experience? Did you use actinic
blue or another color? I woulnd't be adverse to putting in a fourth set of
lights for the purpose of the sunrise/sunset part. What is a good color? I
like the blue because its not too bright even though its 40W over a 125g,
the equivalent wattage of powerglo's makes it bright (not a dim
sunrise/sunset). Should I step down to a smaller bulb for this and put in
say a 10W ballast in each light hood?

Thanks