Old 10-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Ken

Default Rigging a power filter to reduce surface agitation

Every once in a while somebody will mention on this group that they've
rigged up their power filter with a piece of plastic to reduce surface
agitation and the resulting CO2 loss. Actually I'm more worried about
the variation in CO2 loss created by increasing surface agitation as
the water level drops due to evaporation, making it more difficult to
keep a constant CO2 level. But either way, it looks like the way to
go.

So, can anybody tell me how to go about it. I have some ideas on how
it should be done, but I'd like to hear from somebody with experience
before I krazy-glue plastic to something that will cost good money to
replace.

Any help on this will be great.

Ken