Old 11-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Paul

Default Adding co2 and more plants to planted fish tank

Going to add the plants, a piece of driftwood, and co2 from my plants only
tank to my 46g Bow Front with 96 watts of lighting. This should make a
somewhat heavily planted tank. The 46g has 9 zebra Danios, 2 CAE's and a 4"
long Leopard Plec. Would like to know what to watch out for in adding the
Co2. As I seem to have had difficulty in the past in determining the Co2
content I am wanting to start slowly on the Co2 and increasing it slowly and
checking the pH(normally at 7.6) till I get some pearling. Don't want to get
a drastic change in anything that might harm the fish. Thanks for any
advise.
--
Paul

"You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it Damned foolproof."

Old 11-04-2003, 12:08 PM
LeighMo

Rather than continuing to add CO2 until you get perling, suggest you use the
calculator on the attached.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

Lots of reasons why even with appropriate co2 you might not get perling.

Agreed. In fact, I've never gotten pearling with only 2 watts per gallon, no
matter how much CO2 I added.

Leigh

Old 11-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Paul

"Bob Alston" wrote in message
.. .
Rather than continuing to add CO2 until you get perling, suggest you use

the
calculator on the attached.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

Lots of reasons why even with appropriate co2 you might not get perling.

Good advice. I refer to CGadd's site frequently. I just always seem to have

trouble nailing down co2 readings and am really wary with the fish involved.
In my plants only tank I didn't worry too much about it, just set bubble
rate for good growth rate. Thanks.