Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Carl Swanson

Default Opinions: Several different methods of CO2

Recently I have seen several different methods of getting CO2
into your tank, including liquids, tablets, etc.

Can anyone comment onthe liquid type of CO2? For example,
one of them is:

Carbon Dioxide Aquarium Plant Food CO2 LIQUID

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Carl
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Jeff Ludwig

Carbon Dioxide Aquarium Plant Food CO2 LIQUID

Initial cost of a CO2 setup is about $140 US, $10 a year after that for a
decent size tank. You can run multiple tanks off one cylinder so maybe 3
tanks running for $10 a year... some of these other methods seem cheaper at
first glance, but over a year or more there is no difference, not to mention
that a compressed system is easily controlled, simple and effective. Why
pay more over the long run for something that is inferior?

Cheers,
Jeff Ludwig

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 10:14:28 +1100, Mark Wilson
wrote:

Isn't liquified CO2 also known as Dry Ice....or is that solidified
CO2???
Either way it's pretty damn cold isn't it?

Solid CO2 is dry ice. CO2 exists at a liquid only at extremely low
temps, or at high pressures (500psi+).

The stuff being sold as "CO2 Liquid" definitely isn't CO2.

Stick to the real thing. DIY yeast setups are easy and cheap.
Compressed gas CO2 setups are relatively inexpensive and effortless.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Barry Byrne

Expensive???

You can buy the stuff on Ebay!

As for me, I'll stick with my cylinders and regulators.

Barry

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:44:38 -0800, "Steve Galupe"
wrote:

Expensive.

. com...