Old 07-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Cammie

Default CO2 system - opinions

What do you think of this system? Would it be okay for a 10 or 20 gallon
tank? It's so cheap I'm tempted to try it. I don't have a technical
"planted" tank, but a handful of Cabomba and Spiral Val and they are doing
so poorly even though I use Flourish. So what do you think of this system
for a little help?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=8981

Thanks,
Cammie

Old 07-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Cichlidiot

Cammie wrote:
What do you think of this system? Would it be okay for a 10 or 20 gallon
tank? It's so cheap I'm tempted to try it. I don't have a technical
"planted" tank, but a handful of Cabomba and Spiral Val and they are doing
so poorly even though I use Flourish. So what do you think of this system
for a little help?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=8981

It works fairly well (search Google Groups for other threads on the
Nutrafin system). I know some people use just the diffuser with their own
DIY bottles and mixes. However, considering the whole system on sale right
now is only $6.50 more than just the diffuser, it might be worth it to get
the whole system. One thing though, how much light do you have on the
tank? Adding CO2 and Flourish won't be much help unless the light is
sufficient.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Sharp Tooth

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 06:05:30 GMT, "Cammie"
wrote:

What do you think of this system? Would it be okay for a 10 or 20 gallon
tank? It's so cheap I'm tempted to try it. I don't have a technical
"planted" tank, but a handful of Cabomba and Spiral Val and they are doing
so poorly even though I use Flourish. So what do you think of this system
for a little help?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=8981

Thanks,
Cammie

I use one in a 26 gallon and two in a 34 gallon and am very pleased
with the results. All plants are responding very well. My lighting is
below recommended levels and I use under gravel filters but the growth
rate is still amazing.

In the 34, my Limnophila Sessiflora grows at rate of an inch or more
a day. The Torta vals started sending out runners as soon as I planted
them and the water lily has more than doubled its size in one month.

I now have a jungle of spiral val in the 26 after runners shot out in
every direction. There must be eight to ten daughter plants (now full
grown) for each original.

This system is well worth the money.

Sharp Tooth

Old 08-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Djay

How much light do you have over your 10 or 20 gal tank? While CO2 will be
beneficial, you may need additional light as well.

DJay

Old 08-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Poe Lim

Knowing your light level from previous discussions g, I'd say get more
light first; I thought you were going to try the compact fluorescent bulbs?
If you have more light, then both will do a lot better; if you then want to
increase growth, then add CO2. CO2 without light is next to useless.

Cheers,
Poe