Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM

Default What's your best DIY CO2 mix?

I'm using a 1 gallon jug on a 29 gallon setup. What's the best mix of
ingredients and approx. how long should I expect between remixes? I have
2 jugs that I will rotate. I'll diffuse it into the filter intake. I
realize there are other variables here but I'm looking for a good
starting point. Thanks for any input,

Scott
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
BigStaubbie

I use a 2 liter soda bottle with 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp dry yeast. Bubbles real
good for about 8-9 days.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Jim Miller

I can't see a lot of payback in optimizing mixes; a lot of things work
pretty well around the following parameters:

1/2 tsp of yeast
64oz of water
2 cups of sugar
a pinch of baking soda

the yeast population will eventually grow to a stable culture regardless of
how much or little you use. a little more at the start will get the culture
to its stable endpoint a little sooner if you like.

sugar will be used until it is gone.

baking soda helps (supposedly) with the culture stability as it matures and
produces alcohol.

i just slap it together and replace it every two weeks.

have fun

jtm

--
Remove NOSPAM for email replies