Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Cichlidiot

Default Frozen Flourish

I tore down my planted tank last month to redo it, then got sidetracked by
a shoulder injury. Sometime between then and now, my bottle of Flourish
got pushed back to the back of the fridge and has frozen solid. Has anyone
ever had this happen to them and is the Flourish still usable once it
thaws? It's a practically full bottle if that helps any.

TIA
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Cichlidiot wrote:
ever had this happen to them and is the Flourish still usable once it
thaws? It's a practically full bottle if that helps any.

I haven't had that happen... (why do you keep it in the fridge?), but
it should be ok.

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Cichlidiot

Victor M. Martinez wrote:
Cichlidiot wrote:
ever had this happen to them and is the Flourish still usable once it
thaws? It's a practically full bottle if that helps any.

I haven't had that happen... (why do you keep it in the fridge?), but
it should be ok.

As the other poster said, the bottle says to keep refridgerated. Looking
at prior posts, I gather this is to keep it from going cloudy from mildew
or the like. Since my roommates keep the apartment at an ungodly
temperature during the summer and I have such small tanks, I made sure to
put it in the fridge so it would stay fresh until I could use most of it.
I actually when using it (before tearing down the plant tank) had it on
the fridge door where it had no problems with freezing. I'm sure
accidently getting shoved into the back of the fridge is what caused it to
freeze.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Victor M. Martinez

wrote:
It says on the Flourish bottle to keep it refridgerated.

You are correct, I got confused because I have 3 bottles of fluorish, one
of which is in the fridge... the other two are fluorish iron and fluorish
excel.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Aquatic-store.com

Email seachem, They are always helpfull in their answers!

Marcus

http://www.Aquatic-Store.com

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Nsty N8

I tore down my planted tank last month to redo it, then got sidetracked by
a shoulder injury. Sometime between then and now, my bottle of Flourish
got pushed back to the back of the fridge and has frozen solid. Has anyone
ever had this happen to them and is the Flourish still usable once it
thaws? It's a practically full bottle if that helps any.

TIA

Hmmmm.......I don't know what to say about the frozen Flourish.
I'll will say that Flourish smells really good, if you havn't used it before (I
wouldn't use it as cologne tho).
As far as your shoulder injury is concerned...
I highly recommend "The 7-minute Rotator Cuff Solution" by Joseph Horrigan,
D.C.& Jerry Robinson a health for life product.

N8 Goetz
Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Dave Millman

Cichlidiot wrote:

I tore down my planted tank last month to redo it, then got sidetracked by
a shoulder injury. Sometime between then and now, my bottle of Flourish
got pushed back to the back of the fridge and has frozen solid.

Um, not to get off topic, but your refrigerator is set too cold! Put it this
way...You are burning enough extra in electricity every month to buy another
bottle of Flourish, or several fish...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Tarkus

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:58:36 -0800, Dave Millman wrote:

Um, not to get off topic, but your refrigerator is set too cold! Put it this
way...You are burning enough extra in electricity every month to buy another
bottle of Flourish, or several fish...

For that matter, it's not good for food to partially freeze it, either.
--
"I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish!
Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks.