Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Carmine J. Ventura JR

Default Under gravel filters

Question:

Do undergravel filters affect plant growth ? If so, how ?

Thanks

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Carmine J. Ventura JR

oSpam (LeighMo) wrote in message ...
Do undergravel filters affect plant growth ? If so, how ?

UGFs make it hard to fertilize root feeders, such as Amazon sword plants.
Anything you put in the gravel ends up in the water column.

In addition, it makes it really hard to move plants around later. The roots
get really, really long, and tangle in the filter plate something awful.

Leigh

Leigh,

Thanks for your help. Should I just shut off the power heads for the
undergravel filter or take out the whole setup ? If I do, do you think
a fluval 404 would be adaquate filtration for a 60 gal tank ?

Thanks again for your help.

Carmine

Gravel Amount - Gravel Koi-Lo Ponds 7 08-06-2006 07:12 AM
Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ?? Thanks-- Ooops ! More. Bette E Ponds 0 29-04-2004 10:10 PM
Gravel or no gravel Barry Ponds 3 18-09-2003 12:12 AM
Under gravel filters Carmine J. Ventura JR Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Under gravel filters Carmine J. Ventura JR Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 25-02-2003 12:44 AM