Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
H C Furlow

Default help the newbies

ive ben lurking on this grp. for a while now and i have noticed that nobody
helps out on the duh questions but the oldies seem ready to crucify any one
who poses a threat to thier ivory tower whats the deal?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
E. Mito

In article , "H C Furlow"
writes:

ive ben lurking on this grp. for a while now and i have noticed that nobody
helps out on the duh questions but the oldies seem ready to crucify any one
who poses a threat to thier ivory tower whats the deal?

I don't really agree with this...I think most newbie questions are answered
pretty well here and the nasty remarks are kept to a minimum.

Did you have something you needed help with and did not get a reply? Sometimes
messages can get overlooked...if you don't get any responses, it never hurts to
re-post.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM

"H C Furlow" wrote in message ...
ive ben lurking on this grp. for a while now and i have noticed that nobody
helps out on the duh questions but the oldies seem ready to crucify any one
who poses a threat to thier ivory tower whats the deal?

Actually what is YOUR deal?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hs...e.net&rnum= 2

With your vast 30 years experience in aquarium maintenance, Masters of
Science in Marine Biology and negative tone, I would think you would
be quite able to defend yourself with facts, research and experience
instead of weak cheap shots out of the blue, right after folks
recently posted how nice and helpful this group was compared to other
goggle groups.

If someone had crucified you or anyone for something you'd have a
legitimate complaint but you have not even posted nor referenced what
the heck you're complaining about, just a generalized whining
troll(GWT).

Then we get this snide childish remark aimed at folks(these "oldies"
in their ivory towers) that _are helping_ others while you make no
positive contributions to any discussions.

You sure don't seem like Graduate material to me.

If your issue and concern is really with the newbies why are you not
posting and helping these poor folks that are having trouble with
algae and equipment? Ah but that's not your real agenda is it?

You possess poor grammer for someone with a MS and this is a
distinctive characteristic of a certain other personality...and low
and bold we have someone making commentary to the same effect on
another list at the same time before this one with the same out of the
blue comment aimed at the "oldies". Coincidence?

You referred to "duh questions" from newbies. How many newbies would
want to post their __"duh question"__ knowing your "duh" attitude
about their "duh" questions? There are no "duh" questions. Beginning
questions and basics for new folks but nothing is "duh" about it,
especially to them. That type of "ivory tower" attitude will never
help.

It's ironic how you are... what you complain about.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Anthony Ragan

"H C Furlow" screamed into the Void:

ive ben lurking on this grp. for a while now and i have noticed that nobody
helps out on the duh questions but the oldies seem ready to crucify any one
who poses a threat to thier ivory tower whats the deal?

Huh? I'm new here and haven't noticed that at all. In fact, this looks
like one of the friendlier and more helpful groups on Usenet.
*****
--Anthony Ragan
Snotling in Chief, Staadtholder van Marienburg
(primary) & (secondary)
The 21st Century and the Third Millennium begin on January 1st,
2001. (And not a moment sooner!)
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Paulio629

Standing and clapping!
Here here!
Actually what is YOUR deal?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hs...n&lr=&ie=UTF-8

&selm=aqi81k%249n3n%241%40news3.infoave.net&rnu m=2