Old 20-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Introducing newbies.

My fiancée's grown daughter had mentionned a few months back she thought
bonsai were cool, when she saw the few trees I have in my collection
re-re-build.

Yesterday was her birthday. So I gave her a bonsai book. Something fairly
basic (and I brainfarted because I can't recall the title... Was by an
author in the UK, edited by Colin Lewis). History, basic styles and
techniques, etc. Told her to review the book (we don't have a local club).
TOld her that if after reading the book and asking questions she's still
interested, we'd go on a nursery crawl together.

Her mum gave her something else, which I thought was entirely more "kewl".

But the bonsai book was the first thing Catherine ended up bragging to her
boyfriend and assembled friends when she went home.. grin

Perhaps another addict... errr convert.

Nic
Aotearoa/New Zealand

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++