Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
E. Mito

Default anyone wants Platies I have about 30

In article , "Pat"
writes:

Hello!
Are platies that easy to breed?

All they do in my tank is eat and mate. When I got my platies, one of them was
pregnant (which I wasn't aware of) and gave birth the day I put them in my
tank.

I've only had them for about a month, and I've already got 20+ babies, plus one
of the females looks like she's ready to spew forth more children.

Yeah, I'd say they're pretty easy to breed.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
H8That

Are platies that easy to breed?

The only thing that would stop Platties and Guppies from becoming overabundance
is a too powerful filter that would suck all the babies up or an environment
that is too cold. I had a huge outdoor container of water lilly. I put about
4 platties in there. In one summer, I had hundreds of them. Same with the
guppies. Once winter arrives, they all die if you don't take them inside to a
heated aquarium.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Haywire

ok then here's a question,

how about sailfin mollies, for 6 months I had to pregger females and a male
making sure they stayed like that, I was able to raise 2 batches of krib fry
in the same tank, yet 0 sailfins were born. Any suggestions as to why?

"H8That" wrote in message
Are platies that easy to breed?

The only thing that would stop Platties and Guppies from becoming

overabundance
is a too powerful filter that would suck all the babies up or an

environment
that is too cold. I had a huge outdoor container of water lilly. I put

about
4 platties in there. In one summer, I had hundreds of them. Same with the
guppies. Once winter arrives, they all die if you don't take them inside

to a
heated aquarium.

Spare seeds for anyone who wants them Mark Fawcett United Kingdom 4 07-05-2011 07:36 PM
Competition - if anyone wants to Win a Polytunnel janbennett United Kingdom 0 09-07-2006 12:10 PM
AUK Meet Steveo, Steveo wants a CotM Aratzio Lawns 30 10-07-2004 05:03 AM
who wants my turtle? Rich Wilner Ponds 1 15-08-2003 10:11 PM
RR Wheat - but who wants it? (was GM German Wheat Trials...) Torsten Brinch sci.agriculture 78 10-07-2003 07:11 PM