Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Haywire

Default echin. blheri. leaves getting holes-turning brom

Hi guys,

my echinodorus bleheri's seems to be doing something strange lately, their
leaves are turning brown, and are getting holes, this is even happening to
the baby plants I got from the main one in my 20G tank which got moved to
the 27G, any Idea?

I don't use fertilisers, and the tanks have been up for almost a year,
although I did change apartments 2 times in the last 2 months.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
kush

My first instinct would be to fertilize because you've probably got iron
deficiency. Second, I would look for fish or inverts who might be doing the
damage. Third, if you rule out one and two, test for excess nitrate.
Assuming you haven't changed your lighting system or anything else
significant you didn't mention.

You said you moved. When I lived in Boston I never needed to fertilize my
small tanks because I got all the nutrients I need from the MWRA water. Now
I have well water and have to fertilize everything.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

able.rogers.com...