Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Default Sagittaria & Vallisneria

I have bad luck with vals, so I'm not going to try to pass myself off as an
authority. I always thought it was the light... hmmf. Certainly, 130 watts
over a 75 gallon is plenty for the sags, although they will be taller and
not grow as densely as they would with more light.

With my Custom Sealife 2x65W light strip, over a 75 gallon tank, I had Vals --
jungle, corkscrew, marble, Italian, crystal -- coming out of my ears. And the
dwarf Sag was as short and bushy as I've ever seen it. Neither of those plants
improved when I added more light. Didn't hurt 'em, but it didn't help, either.

The CS light strip has a very good reflector, though; perhaps that was the
difference?

Leigh