Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Luis Rodrigues

Default Hair Algae

Hi

I have a problem with hair algae. It is growing on the grass and on
the leaves of some plants.
What should I do?
I think I am putting too much food, is it the cause?

Thanks
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Jason Judkins

I also have this happening, its almost a black hair-like algae and it only
seems to grow on the microsword grass... it is all but impossible to clean
as it is firmly stuck to the leaf... I might add though that this does not
impair the health of the plant at all, in fact, the microsword is growing
fine and looks healthy... I have come to accept the algae growth as normal
since I haven't seen any ill effects.

But if someone does have a safe way of removing this, i'd love to hear it

(bye the way, it IS an algae, and not a fungus, so penicillin won't work)

-Jason

m...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Marvin Hlavac

SAE's (Siamese Algae Eaters) are good eaters of hair-like algae.

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com

gy.com...