Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
chet

Default Trying to identify an Echinodorus variant

I am trying to identify this plant. It looks almost exactly like Echinodorus
Amazonicas (Amazon Sword) except it only grows to 6"-8" tall.

Anyone know what it is? Thanks in advance.

chet

Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
chet

I'm really new at this planted aquarium stuff, so bear with me. I thought
the larger one was amazonicas (amazonicus?), but Dennerle shows a longer,
more slender leaf.

The two plants I have look like this, one is tall and reaches the surface of
my 29G, the other only gets to 6"-8". They are both stemmed plants.

http://home.surewest.net/chet/images/image013.jpg

I'm clueless, and sure appreciate the help.

chet

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I am trying to identify this plant. It looks almost exactly like

Echinodorus
Amazonicas (Amazon Sword) except it only grows to 6"-8" tall.

My guess would be a "rosette sword," Echinodorus parviflorus. (You can

see one
in the middle foreground of my tank.)

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
chet

I am only going by what I was told, but I will check it out. As to whether
the smaller one is a baby or not, I guess I'll find out eventually.

;^)

Thanks,

chet

"LeighMo" wrote in message
http://home.surewest.net/chet/images/image013.jpg

It's kind of hard to tell swords apart, but the "classic" Amazon

swordplant is
Echinodorus bleheri. You probably have one of those, or a similar

species.

Are you sure the shorter sword isn't just baby bleheri?

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Richard J. Sexton

In article , chet chet wrote:
I am trying to identify this plant. It looks almost exactly like Echinodorus
Amazonicas (Amazon Sword) except it only grows to 6"-8" tall.

E. quadricostatus ? (sp?)

--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org