Old 30-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Paulo Marques

Default Preferential CO2 bubble ratio

hello all,

I assembled yesterday a pressurized CO2 system on my 150L tank.
I've got 80W of light with 2x biolux tubes and 2x aquarelle tubes.
My pH is around 6,x, my gH is about 8, kH is around 3, nitrates 0 and
phosphate 0,5.
My question is what should be an advisable bubble flow for minute.
I set it up yesterday and I have by now a flow of 1 bubble every ~10 secs.

TIA

Paulo M.

Old 30-04-2003, 11:20 AM
LeighMo

My question is what should be an advisable bubble flow for minute.

Every tank is different. How much CO2 you'll need depends on how much
turbulence you have, how many plants you have, etc. Use this chart:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

It will take some trial and error at first.

Leigh

Old 30-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Rick

"Paulo Marques" wrote in message
hello all,

I assembled yesterday a pressurized CO2 system on my 150L tank.
I've got 80W of light with 2x biolux tubes and 2x aquarelle tubes.
My pH is around 6,x, my gH is about 8, kH is around 3, nitrates 0 and
phosphate 0,5.
My question is what should be an advisable bubble flow for minute.
I set it up yesterday and I have by now a flow of 1 bubble every ~10 secs.

TIA

Paulo M.

one bubble in 10 seconds is almost nothing. In my 77g tank I inject into my
Fluval filter at a rate of about 110 bubbles per minute and that keeps my PH
around 6.7

Rick

Old 05-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Paulo Marques

What kind of Reactor/Diffuser are you using???

i'm using the bioplast CO2 profistar-set kit...

Old 05-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Rick

"Paulo Marques" wrote in message

What kind of Reactor/Diffuser are you using???

i'm using the bioplast CO2 profistar-set kit...

I inject directly into my Fluval filter intake

Rick

Old 06-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Paulo Marques

i used to do that with my diy co2 injection.
it works pretty well...

Paulo

Old 17-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Paulo Marques