Old 15-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Benjamin Brizzell

Default Sandy Green?

Today I purchased a few plants at the local pet shop. The store had them
labelled as "Sandy Green". I brought them home and cannot find them in my
aquatic plants book or anywhere on the internet. They are large leafed,
kind of like a sword plant and have light green leaves with some white
stripes. Does anybody know about these and what their requirements are?
Thank you.

Ben Brizzell
Old 15-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Rex Grigg

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:57:58 GMT, Benjamin Brizzell
wrote:

I have a very good idea what they are. But the name is escaping me at
this time. They are not true aquatic plants.

Today I purchased a few plants at the local pet shop. The store had them
labelled as "Sandy Green". I brought them home and cannot find them in my
aquatic plants book or anywhere on the internet. They are large leafed,
kind of like a sword plant and have light green leaves with some white
stripes. Does anybody know about these and what their requirements are?
Thank you.

Ben Brizzell

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Need Nitrate or Potassium for your tank? Go to www.litemanu.com
(Just a happy customer of the above!)
Old 16-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Jody

I know these as well. They look like corn stalks. There is the Green Sandy
and the White Sandy; the White Sandy has white on the edge of the leaves.
And as mentioned, they are not true aquatics. They are actually a terrarium
plant that is sometimes passed-off as an aquarium plant. The leaves are
thick and waxy. There would be no significant growth submerged and no good
root system developed. That was my experience at least. I would say that
if you see a plant for sale, and do not recognize the name or can't find any
info on the aquatic plant websites, it is probably not a true aquatic and
would probably be a waste of money. This is a good example of you knowing
more about your subject than the LFS.

Jody

Old 16-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Haywire

Common name around these parts is Aluminum Plant, if my memory serves.

"Jody" wrote in
:

wrote:

I have a very good idea what they are. But the name is escaping me
at this time. They are not true aquatic plants.

Today I purchased a few plants at the local pet shop. The store had
them labelled as "Sandy Green". I brought them home and cannot find
them in

my
aquatic plants book or anywhere on the internet. They are large
leafed, kind of like a sword plant and have light green leaves with
some white stripes. Does anybody know about these and what their
requirements are? Thank you.

Ben Brizzell

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Need Nitrate or Potassium for your tank? Go to www.litemanu.com
(Just a happy customer of the above!)

Pond in Sandy soil nagtegaal Permaculture 2 28-06-2003 06:32 PM
crassula ovata (was sandy potting mix ?) Gyve Turquoise United Kingdom 2 23-04-2003 01:08 AM
sandy potting mix ? Tara United Kingdom 4 21-04-2003 02:35 PM
sandy soil Willow Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
stablize pond sides in sandy soil John Bachman Ponds 6 02-04-2003 01:56 AM