Old 29-06-2003, 02:20 PM
SlimFlem

Default clown loaches in my planted tank

I usually don't cross post stuff, but I wanted to see what you guys in this
ng might think about this:

----

My 6 clown loaches are doing some strange stuff, at least to me. I have a
75g planted tank and my 6 clown loaches like to go to the very top of the
tank and "root" along the glass just above the water line. they make a very
loud popping, slurping, clicking noise when they do this. the 2 big
angelfish and rainbow fish come up and watch like something strange is going
on, but they do not do this. i have looked where they are doing this and i
cannot see anything on the glass they could possibly be trying to eat. what
could they possibly be doing? is this an indicator of a problem in the
tank?

Old 29-06-2003, 07:47 PM
LeighMo

My 6 clown loaches are doing some strange stuff, at least to me. I have a
75g planted tank and my 6 clown loaches like to go to the very top of the
tank and "root" along the glass just above the water line. they make a very
loud popping, slurping, clicking noise when they do this. the 2 big
angelfish and rainbow fish come up and watch like something strange is going
on, but they do not do this. i have looked where they are doing this and i
cannot see anything on the glass they could possibly be trying to eat. what
could they possibly be doing? is this an indicator of a problem in the
tank?

My clown loaches don't generally do this, but I don't think it's a problem. It
sounds like feeding behavior to me. IME, clown loaches don't click when they
are in distress. They click when trying to establish dominance (often when
they are scuffling over food).

Leigh

Old 30-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Jeff Lowe

"SlimFlem" wrote in message
[...]

Many snails lay their eggs above the water line. I suspect this may be what
the loaches are after.
Jeff

Old 30-06-2003, 11:56 PM
SlimFlem

Ahhhh, that could be it. I've seen MTS coming out at night after the lights
go out. That's probably it.

thanks.

Old 01-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Victor M. Martinez

SlimFlem wrote:
Ahhhh, that could be it. I've seen MTS coming out at night after the lights
go out. That's probably it.

Nope. MTS are livebearers, no eggs.

--
Victor M. Martinez