Old 04-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Kevsmom2000

Default Was: Heated substrate?

Thanks to everyone for the input. I'm going to forget about the substrate
heater for now, and "invest" more in the lighting.
Currently I've got a run of the mill fluorescent hood (via Petsmart). I'm
thinking it would be best to upgrade to HO fluorescent. What's the best way to
go about this? Should I purchase a whole new lighting element or can I upgrade
the one I've got?

Thanks so much for all your help. My LFS is not nearly as knowledgeable as I'd
like...

Danielle
Old 04-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Rex Grigg

On 04 Jul 2003 06:00:05 GMT, (Kevsmom2000) wrote:

Go to
www.ahsupply.com and get a upgrade kit.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I'm going to forget about the substrate
heater for now, and "invest" more in the lighting.
Currently I've got a run of the mill fluorescent hood (via Petsmart). I'm
thinking it would be best to upgrade to HO fluorescent. What's the best way to
go about this? Should I purchase a whole new lighting element or can I upgrade
the one I've got?

Thanks so much for all your help. My LFS is not nearly as knowledgeable as I'd
like...

Danielle

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Need Nitrate or Potassium for your tank? Go to www.litemanu.com
(Just a happy customer of the above!)

Heated pond FrankS Ponds 32 07-02-2004 11:10 PM
Heated substrate? Cable heaters? Kevsmom2000 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 04-07-2003 06:43 AM
Heating Pads, etc. Was: Help please with this heated seedling mat Nell Orchids 1 09-04-2003 03:56 PM
Help please with this heated seedling mat Elpaninaro Orchids 4 27-03-2003 01:44 AM
Heated bench david United Kingdom 0 23-02-2003 09:41 PM