Old 07-09-2003, 02:24 AM
Tedd

Default Goodbye Jim Brown

"NetMax" wrote in message
. ..
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

God rest you well Jim. your time for peace has come, enjoy. :*)

Old 07-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Flash Wilson

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:04:43 -0400, NetMax wrote:
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

That's shocking

Jim was extremely helpful to me and others, and always modest -
sometimes recommending others when they had specific experience,
but we all knew he was one of the main guys here, with such
experience and knowledge.

I'm really thrown that he has left the group and know his
contribution will be missed by everyone here.

--
Flash Wilson
-=-=-=-=-=-=-"Problems do have solutions you know"-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old 08-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Cam

He feels better now....better than Jim Brown
R.I.P. Jim

"The Madd Hatter" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Words cannot express the sorrow I feel at this news. The world is a poorer
place without him.. He was man of generosity, willing to share the depths

of
wisdom accumulated over the years. I know I gained a lot of my inspiration
in the hobby from him, as did myriad others. I know one thing though.

Jim's
dedication to this hobby was far surpassed by his love and devotion to his
late wife Linda.

Here's to Jim... I hope you found her again. God Bless Your Soul, and may
you rest in peace, friend.

. ..

Old 08-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Rich Conley

Thats too bad, but on the bright side, hes with Linda again.

You will be missed Jim.

Old 08-09-2003, 09:29 PM
RedForeman ©®

He is, or was, a very knowledgeful person, who's helped many people in the
aquaria newsgroups...

"gizmo" wrote in message
Excuse me for asking...but Who was Jim Brown ?
. ..

Old 09-09-2003, 01:37 AM
Joe Fisher

Thank you for asking, I was wondering the same thing. But if Netmax said he
was an aquairum guru, that's who he was.

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
"gizmo" wrote in message
Excuse me for asking...but Who was Jim Brown ?

. ..

Old 09-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Maggie Davey

"Joe Fisher" wrote in message . ..
Thank you for asking, I was wondering the same thing. But if Netmax said he
was an aquairum guru, that's who he was.

If you go to Google, then Groups, then do an Advanced Search with "Jim
Brown" as the author and in the newsgroups in which this thread is
appearing, you'll get a list of the man's posts, and some idea of why
he was so valued.

Maggie

--
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark
Twain
Old 09-09-2003, 02:32 PM
RedForeman ©®

"Maggie Davey" wrote in message
"Joe Fisher" wrote in message
Thank you for asking, I was wondering the same thing. But if Netmax

said he
was an aquairum guru, that's who he was.

If you go to Google, then Groups, then do an Advanced Search with "Jim
Brown" as the author and in the newsgroups in which this thread is
appearing, you'll get a list of the man's posts, and some idea of why
he was so valued.
Maggie

You will go far, resourceful one....

Old 09-09-2003, 05:02 PM
The Madd Hatter

Jim had probably forgotten more about the hobby then a lot of the rest of us

"gizmo" wrote in message
Excuse me for asking...but Who was Jim Brown ?

. ..