Old 08-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Seweryn

Default Mail order shop in Oz

Hello all,

Can anyone name any mail order outfits in Australia which sell plants,
shrimp and/or fish to individuals (not wholesale)? I am having a troublesome
time finding any.

Cheers,
- Seweryn

Old 08-10-2003, 11:12 AM
rapdor

Geez mate, where are you looking, on the radio? Anyway,

www.aquamail.com.au

www.aquaria.com.au

www.aquaticlifeaquariums.com.au

all of the above sell plants retail; dont know of any that sell live
critters though

Old 09-10-2003, 02:17 AM
Matthew Page

I've had a bad experience with aquamail in the plants department. And a good
one to be fair.

They substituted some plants on the second order I made with them without
asking me, to the extent that I almost believe that they chucked in whatever
they had. And since I had done a lot of research on what I wanted, that
annoyed me a fair bit. Plus I am pretty sure I picked up duckweed from them,
although its a good thing in my book. Certainly I had duckweed a week or so
after that shipment.

I have had nothing but good dealings with them on their equipment side
however.

Haven't tried aquaria.com.au on the plants, but their equipment side has
been pretty bloody good as well. And their plant listing looks to be good to
me.

This is the first I've heard of that third link.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:13 AM
Paul

rapdor wrote in message
Geez mate, where are you looking, on the radio?

yes I agree, the first two links come up every time in google if type
anything remotely like "aquariua/online/supplier"

Old 09-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Seweryn

Well, I found the sites for equipment and plants, and was hoping for a few
more, but what I really am looking for is the fish/crustacean side of the
mail order. I am surprised that I have not been able to find any in Oz on
the web. Maybe I am using the wrong keywords...

-Seweryn

Old 09-10-2003, 11:02 AM
rapdor

I've done a bit of googling on the subject since your first post mate. I
can't find anything in Oz either. Could be this is the business opportunity
of a lifetime, just waiting for you to develop it. If you do find any sites
selling live tropicals, please post the URL to the newsgroup.

The idea of shipping live fish like they were postcards or junk mail is
quite hilarious to me. But I guess it works, since it is often discussed by
folks from USA. What do you reckon would happen if your address is a PO
Box, would the postmaster feed them for a few days until you turned up to
collect your mail? Maybe they attach a little supply of food on the outside
of the package for the postmaster to use in emergencies.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Seweryn

I used to use the mail-order fish shops when I lived in the states, and they
were quite good, with very good prices. They don't ship to houses, but
insted to the freight section of the airport, where you go to pick them up
at an appointed time. Never lost a fish that way.

- Seweryn

Old 10-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Paul

There is a bloke in Cairns http://www.exoticdiscus.com ....only sells Discus
fish .... sends them by plane and courier if need be ...also by bus.
Guarantees live delivery... read his "about us " page for details.
Regards,
Paul.

"Seweryn" wrote in message
Hello all,

Can anyone name any mail order outfits in Australia which sell plants,
shrimp and/or fish to individuals (not wholesale)? I am having a

troublesome
time finding any.

Cheers,
- Seweryn

---

Old 20-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Graham Broadbridge

I know this is not what you're asking, but Aquaria Australia Warehouse is
the best online shop I've found for consumables in Australia .
http://www.aquaria.com.au/

I purchase everything from them online.

Regards
Graham.