Old 25-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Sidney

Default Eheim CO2

I just found that same link myself. While Eheim carries a real good
reputation, it seems a little expensive compared to what I believe are
equivalent quality competitors.

"Bob Alston" wrote in message
OK I also found it here

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=4640

Never heard of it before and I try to keep up on everything related to
aquarium co2!

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
"gizmo" wrote in message
Just found this page....
http://www.eheim.com/technik_co2technik.htm
"Bob Alston" wrote in message
I don't think that Eheim makes co2 systems.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
"gizmo" wrote in message
Did you take a look at the Eheim System ?
http://www.eheim.com

gizmo
"Sidney" wrote in message
I'm looking for a complete CO2 system with a solenoid valve,

without
the
CO2
bottle/tank or a PH controller (yet ;-).

These three companies seem to be the "main stream" setups and are

all
relatively close in terms of price. Are they relatively close in

terms
of
performance? Finding factual differentiation has proven

fruitless.
Is
chrome plating worthwhile considering the minor perceived cost

increase?
Should I just shop based on price alone?

Are there other places I should look? Other brands or options to
consider?

THANKS!
Sid

Old 27-10-2003, 08:12 PM
zeek

I had the Eheim CO2 setup as my first... recently I replaced it with a
Tungze.

1. The CO2 tubing from the regulator out to the diffuser isn't 4/6mm
diameter, it's smaller. That means if you decide to use a soilenoid or
use another diffuser you will have to find a way to couple the hose
sizes together. I ended up jury-rigging something together (could not
find standard-sized adapters for this purpose), but was never really
happy with it. It looked messy and at first was prone to leakage.
2. The diffuser is a ceramic tile design. I was never all that
thrilled with it's performance, and lately there seems to be a big
push away from this type of diffusion (e.g. Eheim no longer makes it).
3. There's only one gauge, for tank pressure. No gauge between the
tank and the needle valve.
4. The needle valve isn't the greatest... Instead of a thumb-screw
design you have to use a small screwdriver to make adjustments. OTOH
once you got your bubble rate dialed in it does not tend to fluctuate.
It did take me awhile to acheive my 'ideal' flowrate, but once I did I
didn't need to touch it until I replace it!
5. It's expensive! Maybe just because I purchased it several years ago
and the prices on competeting units have dropped, I don't know.
Honestly I didn't price other setups because I was going for the Eheim
name. You really pay for that name, although usually it pays off!

Old 28-10-2003, 07:02 PM
gizmo

mmm....
I am still thinking of upgrading my system to the Eheim one.
I do have a ceramic diffuser - seems a ok for me.
The only good thing for me is that their gas bottle is big enough for me
4-4.5 KG.
Well I'll rethink as well. (but there are no other alternatives for me
unless I'll go for the DYI)

Gizmo
om...